DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > Howdy Yawl

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2007, 10:32 PM  
gan_nair

Default Howdy Yawl

My name is David, I am from the Hill Country area of Texas, I am 22 years old. I like playing around with my old car and truck, and the few metric bikes I have, not sport bikes. I also enjoy playing around with the bass and electric guitar and designing tattoos, and just randomly drawing. Guess I have ADD to thank for the drawing skills, haha. I am also currently getting into shape and waiting until I have the money to start training in mixed martial arts, hopefully one day I will be competing in it.

Honestly I am changing my ways, I have been out of school since I was 16 years old, I did graduate from high school, just real early. I have been working at the same place full time since then, just now being trained to be promoted to become a department manager. But I have grown to be somewhat lazy, and irresponsible, hence the needing to get into shape and not being able to afford training for MMA. But I decided that I was going to take the things I play around with a little more seriously so that I can become better at all of them.

One of the things that I wanted to learn, and have always wanted to be able to do is work on my own house, my parents house will have to do for now, yeah I even still live at home. But I wanted to start repairing and upgrading my parents house, kind of like a thank you, theyve always been really cool with me and supported me with any of my dreams. Hopefully I will be able to learn how to fix their house, since neither of them are able to because of lack of knowledge or not the time. And hopefully yawl will excuse any stupid questions I ask, and have patience to help me learn. Thanks everyone.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2007, 08:57 AM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Welcome to the Community David:
We don't classify any questions as stupid. Usually, you will find there are 2 or 3 more who want to know the same thing. There are several professionals here and several who have learned by doing their own work. We can all share from our experience and will be glad to hear from you.
Glenn

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply