DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > I'm Barry in W. Central Florida

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 06:25 AM  
Streamin1972

Default I'm Barry in W. Central Florida

Great forums! I've really picked up quite a bit of "necessary" info!

Back in June of 2006 I purchased a bungalow of unknown age, as it had been moved to it's current location sometime in the early 1960's. According to my new neighbor, it was in the path of one of our main highways in the now historic district, which is what facilitated the move. Guessing by other homes of similar style in that area, I would say it was 20's or 30's. The floor plan is identical to an old ad that I found for a Sears bungalow kit from the 30's. Very cool.

The price was right, and the location great. The amount of work I have to do is monumental. It would not have been a great deal if I had to pay someone to do the work. Having been in the cabinet business for over 20 years, and always "handy", it has turned out to be a fun project... with still a long, long, way to go.

I bought the property next door as well, and that has an old mobile home on it that will eventually be dismantled. At that time, I may build another small bungalow/cottage. Time will tell.

If you are interested, you can see some of the initial pictures of the property before any work had begun. I will be updating it as I go.

http://www.six55.com/house/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2006, 09:15 AM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hey Barry:
Thanks for the pictures. It looks like you can have a nice place there after some TLC and lots of elbow grease. I hope you can keep us posted as the work progresses; it looks real interesting.
Glenn

Old 12-14-2006, 10:06 AM  
"L"

hey there Barry! saw the pics, and I think it'll become a humble and great place after some work. The trees around the place make the scene a little eerie to me, I'd love to see how the final look of the bungalow will fix that.

can't wait to see the final look!

welcome to the forum, by the way!

"L" ~ Home Security System
[url]www.MyHomeSecurityPro.com[/url]
;)

Quick Reply