DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > Introduction

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 05:21 AM  
DonnaFL

Default Introduction

Just registered and it suggests introducing yourself, so here it is. We just completed remodeling both bathrooms (we did not do the work ourselves). Now we are starting on the kitchen (we won't do this ourselves either).

Our home is 20 yrs old and I am looking to replace the kitchen appliances before tearing out the cabinets. Is this a good idea?

I like the look of the stainless steel finish appliances. Anyone know whether there is a down side to the stainless steel finish?

Thanks,
Donna

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2007, 11:10 AM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Welcome to the Forum Donna:
Some of the stainless steel finishes are really just a clever paint job and will show finger prints, smears and stains. Be sure you are getting real stainless steel and, remember, stainless is not scratchless. The metals added to the steel to make it stainless will also make it soft and easy to scratch with another piece of metal. Otherwise it is a lifetime finish and will always look nice.
I don't understand the reasoning for replacing the appliances before the cabinets but it is OK; just make sure you move them completely out of the room before any work begins (prevent scratches).
Glenn

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply