Mark from Mass.
We own a ranch built in 1955 or so.
Kitchen and bath were out of date, but usable.
Added 15x22 room for hanging out, deck attached and new bath.
Now its time to go after the old bath ... with no money.
- Old sink, toilet, floor, light fixtures are out (looking at floor boards)
- Sheetrock above future sink is off and framed for newer cabinet
- Ceiling fan housing is mounted in new hole in ceiling and vented out eave
- Tub and wall tile STAY
- put in pebble floor (have a tiler ready)
- and then all the other stuff we purchased
I think I need to
- "shore up" the floor from underneath to make it really solid
You could use a 4X6 about 1' from each end of the bearing part of the joists, supported by 2 basement jacks on each beam. You are not adding an awful amount of weight to the floor ut this will make it solid and unmoving.
Whereabouts in Mass are you from?
I started my business when I lived in Lowell, and still know several contractors who still work there.
I now live down south though.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10 PM.|