DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > NewBe - intro - and question

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2006, 11:20 AM  
storyg
Duster

Default NewBe - intro - and question

Hello all;
Before I started doing woodwork I owned a transmission repair shop for 11yrs. I left that and went back to college at the age of 49 and received a two year degree in computers. That was in "96". I now work for the school I went to Cincinnati State as their network analyst.
I was playing golf a lot untill I had heart surgery so I haven't played in quit awhile but hope to get back to it this year.
I do have a question about putting in a concrete slab for a woodworking shop. The slab will be 24 x 36 at 4in thick. I would like to know what kind of footer will need to have, how wide and how deep or can I just lay down the slab?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2006, 11:35 AM  
oldslowchevy

Send a message via Yahoo to oldslowchevy

you will have to go to your town hall and find out the exact requirments on the footer i would think a footer of 25"deep about a foot wide might be close the deepth in almost allways 6"below the frost line as a general rule.sounds like you have a very nice shop planed.and welcome to the forum.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply