DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > Painting one wall two colors?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2006, 08:18 AM  
Liz

Default Painting one wall two colors?

Hi Everyone,

I want to paint my living room, but I have a long wall that extends to the kitchen. How do I seprate the spaces. Everything is beige and I would love to add color.
Please help:
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2006, 01:27 PM  
Square Eye

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I've been there before, I used a straight edge to align myself with the wall that turned perpendicular. I marked the top and the bottom. Stuck a piece of masking tape on the top mark, stretched it straight, down to the floor. Aligned with the bottom mark and rubbed the tape down firmly. Paint to the tape, when finished, peel it back over itself to break the edge clean.

I've also seen people set half columns at the end of hallways. A half on each side. Painted different wall colors from there.

Just a suggestion, Welcome to the site. Don't hesitate to post again.
Tom in KY, yep, I paint too.

[URL="http://www.houserepairtalk.com/announcement.php?f=39&a=6"][size=3]The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk[/size][/URL]

[URL="http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=289528&ck="]Square Eye's home page[/URL]

Old 04-14-2006, 06:13 PM  
cabinetsetc

A note of caution. When taping, use green painters masking tape if you are not going to remove it right away. With regular masking tape you risk pulling some old paint with it.

Quick Reply