DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > Introductions > Plumbing Help Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 07:54 AM  
TXDIYRookie

Thanks to all for your words of wisdom. After reaching inside the wall I could feel another "seam" but no threading. I'm afraid to use the wrench since the first set of piping I removed riped apart. I used the rubber fitting with the clamps at each end which seems to have worked fine.

I got the water lines back on and tested. Everything worked great for about one minute. The water started to leak out of the ptrap joints and the extender connections. I took those apart and used thread sealant reattached and let it setup overnight. It appears that the water is not leaving the ptrap and going out the extender through the wall.

This was the original problem...the sink took hours to drain. It seems as though the water is actually not pushing out of the trap to the drain pipe out of the wall. I'm just about to give up.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Kim

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2006, 04:35 AM  
PaPaDan

Got to any home store or plumbing supply and pick up the size coupling you need. connect it to your existing pipe and then to your p trap from the sink.

Info For All- [url]http://www.hoistman.com[/url] I had amnesia once -- or twice :confused:

Old 06-08-2006, 09:44 AM  
TXDIYRookie

Thanks I did manage to accomplish that. And it appears to be working. However my new challenge is the water leaking at the joining points between the p-trap and the extender and to the sink. It's as though the water is not exiting the p-trap through the wall but rather building back up and coming out around the thread washers. Also causing slow drain in the sink.

Kim

Old 06-08-2006, 02:47 PM  
PaPaDan

If your drain is backing up and leaking then you have a clog somewhere. You can try a small drain snake directly into the pipe going into the wall and see if you can reach it from there. How are the drains for the other fixtures in this bathroom? normal or slow.

Info For All- [url]http://www.hoistman.com[/url] I had amnesia once -- or twice :confused:

Old 06-08-2006, 03:27 PM  
TXDIYRookie

The bathtub drains normally. This full bath shares a wall with a 1/2 bath in which that sink drains fine. Today I purchased a device to place on the end of my garden hose to place in the wall pipe and hopefully "shoot" out the clog. When I had tried Draino in the past the fix only worked for a day or two.

More after this new adventure.

Quick Reply