Thanks to all for your words of wisdom. After reaching inside the wall I could feel another "seam" but no threading. I'm afraid to use the wrench since the first set of piping I removed riped apart. I used the rubber fitting with the clamps at each end which seems to have worked fine.
I got the water lines back on and tested. Everything worked great for about one minute. The water started to leak out of the ptrap joints and the extender connections. I took those apart and used thread sealant reattached and let it setup overnight. It appears that the water is not leaving the ptrap and going out the extender through the wall.
This was the original problem...the sink took hours to drain. It seems as though the water is actually not pushing out of the trap to the drain pipe out of the wall. I'm just about to give up.
Thanks to everyone for your input.