we have a 1/2 wood - 1/2 oil furnace.
we are finding that we are getting a lot of film
on the windows, curtains and walls as the heat
from wood stove goes up the vents like the oil
part does. Is there some kind of insert we can
put under the floor vents in the rooms so we
don't get this film? If this is going on the walls,
etc...I'm sure we are breathing it as well.
If you force air from a wood burner, you will get smoke and I would say the film is from smoke. Minimize smoke by opening the door only a crack when refueling, allowing the draft to increase, and then open completely.
- Taping & Finishing Drywall Joints
- Inside & Outside Corner Drywall Joints
- How to Repair Small and Big Holes
- How to Build and Finish Drywall Arches
- How to Apply or Repair Texture
Free Tutorials at http://www.drywallinfo.com