DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Bad Home Remodel Job?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 02:15 PM  
timstrong

Default Bad Home Remodel Job?

I received a telephone call from a production company and they are looking for jobs they can film where the contractors did bad work, ripped off the customers, or whatever for Adam Carolla's new TV show. Sounds like Holmes on Homes but their show helps the contractor finish what he was originally contracted to do.

They are making a televisions series and will pay to have the homeowner's job repaired for free for the privilege to produce the story.

I am not sure what states they are working in, but California's one for sure. If you are interested and can't find the phone number you can Google it because I don't think I can post it on the forum.

Now, I'm wondering why they called me looking for bad jobs! I've fixed a couple jobs fixing another contractor's crazy mistakes. How about ya'll?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 03:29 PM  
havasu
on permanent vacation
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 87 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 24

With scammers everywhere, I would recommend everyone to use extreme caution when answering questions received from a cold telephone call.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:33 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 748 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 1306

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/spike-tv-picks-up-adam-carolla-unscripted-series-that-takes-on-shady-contractors/

I'm not sure the home owners will will want the same contractor back and I wonder how he will get a bad contractor to be on TV fixing his mistakes.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:36 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 748 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 1306

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
With scammers everywhere, I would recommend everyone to use extreme caution when answering questions received from a cold telephone call.
Sure make cold calls, send in a crew to case the joint.

Quick Reply