DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Bath remodel update

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 10:00 PM  
TaskBoy

Default Bath remodel update

Well, it's coming to a close. It is a weird feeling-- joy yet it is kinda anticlimactic nearing the completion. I'll shoot some finished pics and post with the "before" ones. With the help from here and elsewhere, I was able to do the following with little or no prior experience: map out rough plumbing moves, patch and fill drywall damage as well as fill in a medicine chest and a fluorescent light recess, run Romex and install 2 can lights and a pendant light, swap out all my outlets and switches, lay and grout tile, install base molding, install a fan/light with duct thru a floor space. I had a plumber do the rough and finish plumbing and a painter texture and paint. Pics to come soon...

Last edited by TaskBoy; 05-21-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008, 02:03 PM  
pwhoolboom

I'm just starting on a similar project on thursday...I totally understand what you are saying, it feels like I've spent so much time learning, and planning it will be weird to actually do it and have it done.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:25 AM  
Superpack

Default Bath remodel problem

I am in early stages of planning remodel of my master bath, primarily for resale. Space is L-shaped 12' x 10' with room width of 6' in both directions. Existing bathroom has a 6' long, 12" deep sunken tub/shower combo. I am trying to decide if should just remodel with a large, undermount soaking tub, such as Kohler Tea-for-Two tub, and tiled shower surround or construct a large, custom shower with frameless glass shower doors and nice multi-nozzled shower panel. I already have a newly remodeled second bath with a standard tub/tiled surround and also have an 8'x8' outdoor hot tub. Are most buyers expecting a master bath to have a tub and shower or is a large custom shower more desirable?

I would appreciate any feedback anyone may have on this subject. Thanks

Regards,

Old 12-07-2009, 02:01 PM  
Plumbing And Lighting

Superpack, I'd think that a large custom shower would be more desirable, esp. in your home's case. Since you already have an outdoor hot tub, there isn't as much need for a soaking tub.

[url=http://http://www.novalightingstore.com/NovaLightingBrands.asp?MfgRqst=62]Capital Lighting[/url]
[url=http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/delta]Delta Faucets[/url]

Old 12-18-2009, 08:51 AM  
Nestor_Kelebay
Emperor Penguin

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Superpack:

There you go. Now you don't have to lay awake at night worrying that no one will sell you a whirlpool tub for your renovations.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:49 PM  
Mikeman

I would suggest reconsidering the combo tub and shower for resale value. More people want a shower and as the population ages there is more of a concern about safety in climbing into and out of a tub. A large shower with the multi-nozzel setup at each end and easy access will be more popular than the traditional tub shower.

Quick Reply