DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Best adhesive for carpet on deck???

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2006, 07:35 PM  
Rockrz

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Best adhesive for carpet on deck???

What's the best, commercial grade, adhesive that can be used to apply indoor/outdoor carpet to 3/4 inch plywood?

I built the deck with pressure treated lumber about 6 weeks ago, and it's getting where it appears to be pretty dry (the lumber was wet when I installed)

Now, I'm trying to find out what the best adhesive is to apply the carpet to finish this job off. (hopefully, the grey indoor/outdoor carpet at Lowe's is good quality.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2006, 08:25 AM  
Rockrz

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Any ideas???

Old 10-12-2006, 08:07 AM  
Rockrz

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Any buddy???

Old 10-12-2006, 09:11 AM  
Square Eye

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

When I laid the carpet in my boat, I just used the adhesive that Lowe's was selling at the time. I've not had any problems. It's outdoor rated, spreads just like any other adhesive, seems to seal the wood under the carpet well, dries to a shine. If I remember correctly, it was a black can that looked very generic, almost positive it was an Armstrong product. In short, any indoor/outdoor adhesive should work. The selection is not all that great.

Welcome to the forum,
I was waiting to maybe learn something about this one too.

[URL="http://www.houserepairtalk.com/announcement.php?f=39&a=6"][size=3]The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk[/size][/URL]

[URL="http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=289528&ck="]Square Eye's home page[/URL]

Quick Reply