DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > the big dead tree next door (kinda long)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 04:27 PM  
Philphine
don't give him tools!!!

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i thought i posted last night, maybe i messed it up.

anyway,the tree is down. i thought i heard a knock on the door and went to see what it was. i looked out the window and saw saw a woman picking up a little table on my deck. turned out that she had knocked and going to go ahead and move some things out of the way because they were under where they were starting to cut.

i just spoke to her for a moment, but they were there to do the tree. they were still cutting when i left for work. when i got up this morning there were a few more branches in the yard and a couple of log looking pieces that i guess fell on my side, but that's no biggie. shoot, i'll stick 'em in the fire pit or something.

another side benefit. while the tree was no good for shade and only threw down branches, the birds seemed to love it. i guess because they could be high up with an unobstructed view. that also meant bird droppings on anything under the tree.

haven't talked to my neighbor yet, she must swing shift or something, but i mean to thank her for having it cut down. i'm glad all that was needed was to ask. i don't know if she felt like i might do more if she didn't have it done, but i know on my part it was as civil as possible. if nothing else i plan to offer an "always good" invitation to my outdoor theater if i ever get it done.

Last edited by Philphine; 06-29-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 01:18 PM  
handyguys

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Send a message via Skype™ to handyguys

I'll take another position. Talk with her again. She may not be in a financial position to deal with the tree. If you are in a position to do so. Ask her if it would be okay for you to arrange to have it taken down and split the costs. She may say that could be possible (not knowing what it would cost) Ask her if she will be okay for you to get some quotes on having the job done. She will likely say go ahead and get a price. Once you have a quote see if she can split the costs. If she cant then, if you are able, pay yourself to have it removed. With her approval of course.

You get the following benefits doing it this way.
1) you build good will with your neighbor
2) you don't put her home owners insurance at risk
3) you don't put your home owners insurance at risk
4) the tree comes down one way or another
5) you remove some stress from your neighbor who may already be stressed by other stuff
6) you can get around to re-doing your pond

Good luck

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply