A recent home inspection turned up mold in a basement closet interior wall that is shared with a half bath (neglected leaky pipes?)
The inspector said this can be remedied by replacing the infected wall surface. We are very worried about health hazards posed by mold to young children and we don't know if, after the visible mold is remedied, there isn't more hiding somewhere we cannot see (inside walls). I guess my question is, how risky is it to buy a house that has basement mold? Is it a relatively simple repair, or does it imply there might be other hidden moldy areas?