DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > A case of the uglies

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 11:06 AM  
sheslostcontrol

Default A case of the uglies

What can be done with the front of this little home? I'm looking at it to renovate & live in, but this porch (like the vinyl siding) is just horrible and must go. But that would leave an exceedingly boring home to look at from the street.

As part of renovation the roof is being replaced, so if I *were* to do something it would need to be done then. I'm not envisioning adding a whole new room - actually I'd like to keep costs relatively low (under 2k would be great).

Could an overhang be installed with pillars? Or should the existing decking be widened a bit so there is more room for an outdoor table & chairs?

The living room is behind both front windows.

The house sits about 50' off the road.

help?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2009, 08:46 PM  
Launchpad

Personally, I would widen the front deck a few feet and wrap it around to the back deck- which I assume is also in pretty rough shape.

It looks like if you did that, you would lose some of the bottom part of the driveway, which I don't think would be much of a loss.

The lattice, at least the lattice on top, needs to be taken off. It has a weird feeling to it, kinda like somebody was playing a joke on ya

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
porch, ugly

Quick Reply