DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Ceiling Fan sometimes stays on after trying to shutoff.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 06:08 AM  
06Honda

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Ceiling Fan Update

So i will be replacing the old receiver and remote with a a Versa Touch 2 W-72 and receiver kit. The instructions for the remote states:

"CAUTION! Do not use with wall dimmer or Rocker Switch." If the remote is used to control the fan is it okay to just leave the rocker wall switches as they are. Is this caution simply due to the fact that the remote is mounted/stored in a small shelf that attaches to the outside of the wall switch. The instructions are on plage 7 of the install sheet. I never used the Rocker Switch before to control anything so I am not quite sure on this part of the install. My plan was not to mount it on over the switch anyway and just leave the remote in the draw until we need to use it. Opinions are appreciated. Thanks for all the help so far.

http://www.casablancafanrepair.com/HTMLFiles/do_it_yourself/VersaTouchCommonRep/W73-72WallControlsRep/VT2Operation.pdf

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply