DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Complaint against Re-bath Belgium

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 02:17 PM  
Koen

Default Complaint against Re-bath Belgium

Hi all. I stumbled upon this site, after I Googled ‘complaints against Re-Bath’. And I noticed a topic in which the original complainant apparently reached an agreement or settlement with this firm.

Most of the replies however, were much less reassuring. Showing a series of poor quality installations, comparable to the ordeal that befalls us. So far, this firm has promised a lot, for a steep price, but had managed only astonishingly poor quality work, and deficient service.

It started when it turned out that they had forgotten to order from a third party firm, some key elements which are required for a shower (door, faucet and shower column). In spite of numerous warnings and requests for confirmation of the agreement, from our part.

Communication with this firm became very problematic, and the numerous misunderstandings and inaccurate information offered by representatives of Re-bath, vary from negligence to blatant lies. Even though the shower was never finished, Re-Bath demanded full payment non-the-less. (?!!)

The firm did everything it could, including letters from a law firm, to force us to pay the entire amount, in spite the fact that they never finished the job. And since then, a few months after the installation, it has come to our attention that the silicone (I suppose) seal that was used to finish the shower walls, has already cracked. Which explains their haste to receive all of the money, before the scam became apparent.

The shower cubicle, couldn’t be much further from waterproof. (Even when we should find another firm, willing to install a shower door. Which naturally no professional would risk after Re-Bath made such a mess of it.)

This message can both serve as a warning to potential customers, or as an open invitation to the representatives of Re-Bath, to provide me with a channel to their businesses headquarters, if they have any professional integrity at all. (Which - by now I very much fear – is completely lacking with the representatives of our local Re-Bath franchise.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 02:23 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 408 Times on 341 Posts
Likes Given: 131

Koen, what location preformed this work? Was it here in the US.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM  
Koen

Hi Oldog/Newtrick. No, it's not in the US. I live in Belgium, Europe. I plan on writing some consumer organizations over here as well. But I was looking for Re-Bath headquarters, which I believe is an American firm ? Which is why I stumbled across your site and thought it was a good place to start.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:37 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koen View Post
Hi Oldog/Newtrick. No, it's not in the US. I live in Belgium, Europe. I plan on writing some consumer organizations over here as well. But I was looking for Re-Bath headquarters, which I believe is an American firm ? Which is why I stumbled across your site and thought it was a good place to start.
Wow, sorry to hear they are international screwups.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:53 PM  
Koen

Me too. :-) I wish I had googled them more thorough before hiring them. I just found a site that mentions Re-Bath's customer Service (Customer Service) But alas, it won't accept my form. Because the "Zip code" is a required field. And we don't have Zip codes in Europe. (Even tried to use the Belgium-Illinois Zip code, but without success.)

Old 01-10-2011, 02:56 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Does Belgium have the equivalent of the Better Business Bureau? Or do you have a consumer advocacy group of any kind? Can you file a complaint with any licensing board to get them to respond?

Old 01-10-2011, 03:23 PM  
Koen

Yes, there is an organization called 'Test Aankoop' (Test Purchase). I recently became a member, and will contact them soon. First we hired a lawyer. And so far this has helped, in the sense that we haven't paid Re-Bath the second 50 % of the price. And we haven’t heard from them in a while. But naturally, so far it has cost us about 500 $ in legal fees. Which is also deplorable, but necessary.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:08 PM  
Purplefairydust

@ Koen: U hebt geprobeerd contact op te nemen met het hoofdkantoor in Aartselaar en geen respons gekregen? Verbaast me niet veel eigenlijk. Ik kan misschien helpen om u in contact te brengen met de president van Rebath in Amerika.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 AM  
Koen

@ Purplefairydust, thanks for the reply and the offer to provide me with a contact address. I just sent you a private message with my E-mail address.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefairydust View Post
@ Koen: U hebt geprobeerd contact op te nemen met het hoofdkantoor in Aartselaar en geen respons gekregen? Verbaast me niet veel eigenlijk. Ik kan misschien helpen om u in contact te brengen met de president van Rebath in Amerika.
Well, I wish I wouldn't have slept in Belgium class now.

Quick Reply