DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > countertop options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 09:31 PM  
SeanH
Faux Finish Guru

Default countertops

I have looked at many different options for replacing my existing Formica countertops. I like granite (who doesn't) but I plan to sell soon and would like a less expensive alternative. I have looked at a new product called Weathered Stone that claims to go over existing countertops without having to remove them. They are at weathered-stone.com. It looks pretty cool and I think it may work for your project too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2008, 06:20 AM  
travelover

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
I have looked at many different options for replacing my existing Formica countertops. I like granite (who doesn't) but I plan to sell soon and would like a less expensive alternative. I have looked at a new product called Weathered Stone that claims to go over existing countertops without having to remove them. They are at weathered-stone.com. It looks pretty cool and I think it may work for your project too.
Spammer.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:33 AM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hello Sean:
You might also consider marble tile in 1' squares as the countertop. It would cost far less and would be easier for a DIYer to handle and you still get the marble top you wanted.
Glenn

Old 04-04-2008, 02:00 PM  
TylerDurden1984

You could cover them in copper....it's what I did. Got several pieces very cheap from this site store.electrical-insulators-and-copper-ground-bars.com
Did my cabinets in the hammered Anyway it's really easy just glue them on over the old counter top with silicone or liquid nails and bend it around the edges...cheap, easy,simple...hope this helps!!!

Last edited by Square Eye; 04-04-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:43 PM  
ayeshaa

There are several types of countertops you could use to fit inside the kitchen. You can use stone, laminates, and engineered stone or ceramic tiles.
You have several options from which to make choice from; it can therefore get extremely confusing for you. Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages; therefore you will require devoting a bit of time to choose by elimination.
Get some help and ideas from kitchencountertopspot(DOT)com

Last edited by ayeshaa; 04-25-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:31 PM  
ayeshaa

Older metal counters and equipment can be professionally spray painted. Any item that is painted must be completely cleaned and degreased before priming and painting. Field-painted equipment tends to be more susceptible to scratches than factory finish. To protect the new finish, you should install new trim or bumpers along all surfaces that come in contact with carts, trays and so on. Automotive-paint supply stores stock a wide variety of easily applied trim on rolls, in many sizes and colors.

Last edited by Square Eye; 05-02-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:45 AM  
granite-girl

I've seen this done (painting) pretty well. But I hope everyone checked to make sure the paint was safe for food contact.
Yikes !

Granite countertops

Quick Reply