DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Crawl space Humidity

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 05:27 PM  
nealtw

Liked 647 Times on 580 Posts
Likes Given: 1156

It's ont thing to sell a home owner a new idea but answering questions isn't there strong suit. You will see I have asked questions before after others had requamended it, and you will see I had no response.

http://www.houserepairtalk.com/f109/insulating-crawl-space-10833/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 06:32 PM  
jmc0319

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thanks Neal. I still have a few questions out to the guys I met with and am waiting for answers. I neglected to mention that I will also be installing duct work to 'condition' the crawl space once done. IF I move forward with this. I definitely need to do something g.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:11 PM  
nealtw

Liked 647 Times on 580 Posts
Likes Given: 1156

So to fix this your going to add how many cubic feet to you conditioning bill and of coarse you will have return air from there, so any future problems with mold or moisture will be shipped directly into the home. Put in the perimiter drain at the footing level and waterproof the foundation on the outside. This wheel was invented hundreds of years ago and works fine. Stop the water from getting in and you have no problem. There are salutions to the venting problems you have but I doubt if you will need any thing after you stop the water.

Quick Reply