DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   General Home Improvement Discussion (
-   -   deck dent filling (

stanigator 09-30-2008 12:14 PM

deck dent filling
I want to fill the dent on the deck as shown in the picture (http:// before painting over it. I'm not sure what the
material is called in English. What is the material that is used to
fill the dent called? Is it plaster (a guess)?

glennjanie 09-30-2008 12:59 PM

Hello Stanigator:
The generic name is floor-leveler and it comes in several different brands. The one I'm personally familliar with is made by KenTile. It may not be available in your area but it gives you a place to start.
Best wishes with your project.

stanigator 09-30-2008 10:42 PM

I'm wondering if I need to fill that dent in the first place. I'm afraid that water could seep through that dent and leak through the wood. Would I even need to apply floor leveler in the first place?

Phatboy 10-01-2008 05:56 AM

Stanigator. Could you get us another picture from farther away. I cant really tell what is going on in this pic. I see the dented area, but I cant picture the ''big picture,'' so to speak.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM.