DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Decking over concrete

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 03:34 PM  
redrumour91

I suggest painting the lumber that lies on the concrete with a membrane - two coats - this makes it like plastic and it will last forever. - No plastic sheets should be laid, as you need to protect the wood, and let water run freely - never hinder the flow of water. The paving is at an angle and you must not interfere with that. You can also use slate to lift the supporting lumber off the floor slightly as well, but I would stick to the previous.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 06:02 AM  
cindygiggs

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Yes, you can install pressure treated decking over existing concrete slab. If drainage is a problem, just use 2x4 pressure treated lumber and scallop the bottom that rests on the concrete slab. The water will just run underneath it.
I have done something similar. I will take some pictures and post them soon so you can appreciate

[URL="http://deck-lighting.net"]deck lighting[/URL] tips and ideas for an oustanding deck!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply