DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Fein Multimaster blades

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 08:21 AM  
tj1982

Default Fein Multimaster blades

I was doing some searching around on the internet, and saw some interesting posts on the multimaster here. I saw a number of people complain about the cost on the blades/attachments. Upon more internet searching, I found this:

glenechohardware.com/index.php/products-/fein-.html

That seems like a crazy deal, I called the store to see if they would ship blades and they said no problem. Just thought I would pass it along, as it seems to be a great way to get some blades at a less expensive price, seeing as how ridiculous the cost on them is.

Jack

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 10:04 AM  
mudmixer

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 33

There may be a difference in the blades. Germans are very reluctant to reduce the quality just to get some volume. Manufacturers from other countries are not reluctant even if their name is on the package/labels. In some countries with huge manufacturing capacity, the manufacturers will make anything to lower specs for another company/marketer/importer as long as their name is not on the label. - That comes with the U.S. being in a price/market driven market and not a quality driven market.

At least with blades, you do not get into the "assembled in" situations where you have no idea what you could get.

Dick

Old 10-10-2009, 10:11 AM  
tj1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmixer View Post
There may be a difference in the blades. Germans are very reluctant to reduce the quality just to get some volume. Manufacturers from other countries are not reluctant even if their name is on the package/labels. In some countries with huge manufacturing capacity, the manufacturers will make anything to lower specs for another company/marketer/importer as long as their name is not on the label. - That comes with the U.S. being in a price/market driven market and not a quality driven market.

At least with blades, you do not get into the "assembled in" situations where you have no idea what you could get.

Dick
These are, apparently, actual Fein blades. They aren't a knockoff, I made sure to find out.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:53 AM  
mudmixer

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 33

As long as they are in the original Fein packaging and Fein is not spelled "Fine" that should be O.K., but only time and use will tell.

Good techniques will make the blades last much longer.

Dick

Quick Reply