DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Flooded Driveway

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 12:09 PM  
cibula11

Default Flooded Driveway

I have a situation in my driveway that creates water to pool up towards a low end of the my driveway/yard. On the other side, is an alley. The place where the water fills is at the lowest point, so I can't really do much with adding a french drain.
Could I add leveling concrete or some other form of cement to to raise the low spot (approx. 8x10) so that is slopes into the alley? The depth would be about 3 inches at is lowest , but then fan out to level it all?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 09:57 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hello Cibula:
placing new concrete over old is a tricky situation. The surface must be very clean, an epoxy treatment will help tremendously, but concrete spread less than 2" thick will crack and pop off within a year.
I know it would be terribly expesive but breaking out the low concrete and repouring to a satisfactory grade is your best answer.
Glenn

Old 04-03-2008, 05:29 AM  
DiyDave

I agree with glennjanie, you could concrete over it but this would probably just be a short-term fix. You are best of either installing a drain or starting all over again I'm afraid

My to do list: Knock down dividing wall, fix roof.

Quick Reply