DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > General overhaul...ongoing(pix!!!)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 04:43 PM  
Phatboy

Ok guys, got alot done this weekend, Im tired, Kim's tired, and were gonna make this short.

The grouting and sealing is almost completed, we left one small area unfinished so we could have a place to kneel and work. Got more drywall done, and the water heater is ready to be installed. Got some wiring done for the washer and dryer. And ate more great crawfish, yum, shrimp to some people. LOL

Finishing up the tile

And done...well almost.

Oh yay, can you tell its my first time

That looks hella different

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2008, 04:43 PM  
Phatboy

Putting in the bullnose on the step.

And installing the field tiles on the step.

more grout

Thats right, you clean that good...lol, hey she volunteered

Old 03-30-2008, 04:44 PM  
Phatboy

HOLY **** THAT TURNED OUT GOOD. Sealed.

Kim likes to screw...the drywall up that is.

Again with more screwing

Done for the weekend.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:45 PM  
Phatboy

Someone tell me whats missing here?

So overall a good weekend. Got the tileing almost finished, still have to grout the step area. Got alot more drywall up, and found that the PO was seriously sloppy with his wiring, as if I didnt know already.

Hows it coming guys?

Old 03-31-2008, 09:07 AM  
Daryl in Nanoose

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well everthing is sure looking good, sure reminds me of me and the wife redoing our home. Keep it up there is a light at the end of the tunnel beleive it or not.

[url]http://edhome.shawwebspace.ca/[/url]

Old 04-01-2008, 04:35 PM  
Phatboy

Well I can certainly see the light, but the wife, two cats, dog, adn I are going nuts living in a 15x15 room with a bathroom. I mean the cats are literally going crazy. They just run in circles around the room.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:41 PM  
Daryl in Nanoose

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatboy View Post
I mean the cats are literally going crazy. They just run in circles around the room.
Well there you go, Entertainment after a hard days work

[url]http://edhome.shawwebspace.ca/[/url]

Old 04-06-2008, 07:16 PM  
Phatboy

Well Im burnt out. We have been busting our asses to get this done, and just keep running into problems. Today we got the water heater over in the new utility closet, and the flow of the hot water is less than optimal.

Heres the big one. If you check a few pages back there was a fitting I mentioned was hard to get to. It was the drain line for the tub. Yeah well it leaks like a SOB, and Im going to have to cut a rather large hole in the outside of the house to gain access to it. Even then I dont know how Im going to be able to fix it. Everything is glued together.

Oh and the faucet for the tub is meant for a sink, so it takes an hour to fill up the tub.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:57 PM  
Square Eye

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Aww now, the frustration level has stopped many improvement projects dead in their tracks. You two have been through so much already, these problems should seem minor in the grand scope of things. You will figure out solutions to your problems and get past them. We're all watching, we're all rooting for you. This has been a VERY popular thread and the work you have done is looking really good. Don't stop now!

[URL="http://www.houserepairtalk.com/announcement.php?f=39&a=6"][size=3]The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk[/size][/URL]

[URL="http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=289528&ck="]Square Eye's home page[/URL]

Old 04-07-2008, 11:56 AM  
Phatboy

We definitly dont have any intention of stopping now. No way!!! I just had to take a step back and look at the big picture. I did however go look at the correct faucet for the tub...its a whopping 498$ and you still need a 100$ valve set for it.

I cannot justify paying 600 bucks for a faucet so we will have to find something else that looks just as good.

Thanks for the encouragement, we will prevail. Its just gonna take some determination, thats all.

Ill keep you all updated, but Im gonna be at work late all this week for training, so no more pics till next Sunday most likely.

Im still stumped about that leaky fitting.

Quick Reply