DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > General overhaul...ongoing(pix!!!)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 04:46 PM  
Phatboy

Cool lighting affects, natural, no ps.

my mug with the weapon of the hour. oh and the walls are going up.

Where we are now.

Oh and I put a 3in finish nail from my air nailer through my thumb...it hit another nail and turned on me...went in the pad, and out the nail...ouch...sorry no pics of that. Back to work tomorrow, more progress soon.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2007, 07:56 AM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hey Logan and Kim:
Its looking good, keep up the good work.
Keep in mind: nails are supposed to grow out of the fingers, not stick through them. Sorry about your mishap, be careful.
Glenn

Old 11-13-2007, 05:34 PM  
Boston

Ouch! How old is the paint on those walls--are there serious lead issues to consider?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:10 PM  
ToolGuy

It's just like me to get home from work only to go online and watch more of it, hehe. I'm new 'round here and just want to say "Wow!" You sure know how to tackle a project.

Congrats on the new house. I'll be hangin' out watching further developements. I just love this stuff!

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]~ ToolGuy ~[/B][/COLOR]

[I]Save money on tools at [URL="http://mytoolbox.net"]MyToolbox.net[/URL]
[/I]

Old 11-29-2007, 06:02 AM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 87 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 188

Default Welcome ...pull up a chair.

Nice pictures on your website, I know the feeling of coming home to post on these sites...but helping out is good for the soul. Plus you learn a lot from all the great ,knowledgeable folks out there.We can always set up a chair for another.

Just My
Made in the

Old 12-21-2007, 09:19 PM  
Phatboy

Wow, sorry guys even though progress has been slow I've been neglecting my updating. More pics and stories shortly.

Well we have done alot since the last posting. I was promoted at work and had lots of training to do. Im a manager at Home Depot now...go figure. All the drywall is up, and most of the compounding is done, still have a few spots to do. The walls have been primered once with Killz2, and are being touched up now. The can lights are in, as well as the exhaust fan, sconce boxes, GFCI outlets, and light switches. Its coming along although very slowly.

Entrance, wall on right is south.

South wall

East and North walls

North and West walls with partition, man I loooooooove that window!!

Last edited by Phatboy; 12-21-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:40 PM  
Phatboy

Next is the West wall and entrance

The faucets for the vanity and tub are the same.

The sconces...one on each side

The 40$ a gallon paint were using...dont mess up

Generally things are coming together, the wife has a job now, and she likes it. I was promoted and will recieve three raises over the next few months up to around 16.50-17.00 per hour, and I should have more time to work on this.

Lemme know what you think, and thanks for all the good comments and encouragement.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:08 AM  
ToolGuy

Congrats on the promotion and upcoming pay raises, and same to the wife on her new job.

The work is looking great. I see a plastic elec. box with Romex wiring and I'm jealous. Here in Chicago, code requires steel boxes and ridgid conduit. What a pain in the butt!

Don't work to hard over the holidays, and have a Very Merry Christmas! You've earned it.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]~ ToolGuy ~[/B][/COLOR]

[I]Save money on tools at [URL="http://mytoolbox.net"]MyToolbox.net[/URL]
[/I]

Old 12-30-2007, 08:34 PM  
Phatboy

Well we got a little more done today. Didnt have alot of time, but anythings better than nothing.

got the sconces installed and working, the put a quirky looking light pattern out, but they worked the first time...woot.

Got the pipe put in for the A/C drain that will hook into the vanity drain lines

Old 12-30-2007, 08:35 PM  
Phatboy

Got the OSB and the drywall up on the dining room ceiling, yeah its greenboard in a needless area, but its all we had, and it was sunday so nowhere was open to get plain drywall.

Just a little bit more insulation to put up and we can hang drywall in the dinning room, and kinda get ready to do the kitchen, which we have decided to knock down another exterior wall and rebuild it how we want it. We also got the house wrap installed outside, and for now didnt cut out the windows, but thatll come. Things are coming together...we can kinda see the end of all this...

Buying the tile, and everything that goes with that tomorrow, and that project will be happening soon.

Ill keep with the updates as they come...should be painting the b-room some time this week.

Quick Reply