DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Is this Granite installation acceptable??

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM  
Byrnesurfer

Default Is this Granite installation acceptable??

All looks excellent with our granite installation except for the cut on the right side of our oven (stack). The installers cut the granite about 3/8" too far in, while the other edge on the left side of the oven comes straight out to a square edge. I spent ~ $6200 on this installation and I think it should be perfect. Am I over reacting?

Thank you for your input.

Last edited by Byrnesurfer; 01-17-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 07:42 PM  
Byrnesurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrnesurfer View Post
All looks awesome with the installation except for the cut on the left side of our oven. They cut the granite about 3/8" too far in while the other edge on the left side of the oven comes straight out. I spent about $6200 on this installation and I think it should be perfect. Am I over reacting?

Thank you for your input.
Below are photos of both the left (top photo) and right side (bottom photo) of the oven.

Last edited by Byrnesurfer; 01-17-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:22 PM  
BridgeMan

Liked 62 Times on 57 Posts

Pix are a bit blurry to clearly see what the problem is, but if it's what appears to be a short, front gap in the second photo, I agree it doesn't look right. If you aren't happy with it, call the installer back to make it right. Curious as to why you already paid for it (in full, I assume?) if you weren't satisfied with the workmanship.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:48 AM  
PatTheRat

Looks like they started cutting on the wrong side of the line and stopped. Appears to be the width of the saw blade. It will always bother you so have them replace it.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM  
Flightsport

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Absolutely reject this counter top! You paid a premium, you deserve a premium install! They definitely know they screwed this up, I'm sure they were hoping you wouldn't care. ( but I'm the type that would lose sleep over something like that, I would wince every time I saw it ). Get the installer back, yank em out!

( yelp and BBB can be a very powerful tool )

Quick Reply