Home Windows Fogged in AM
The last few mornings I have noticed fogging/moisture on some of my house windows. We have an open floor plan 1 level bungalow with no basement. The kitchen/dining room/livining are one large open area with two ceiling fans. Both bedrooms have a ceiling fan also. House is heated with in floor radiant heat and an HRV/dehumidistat. We keep our house temps when sleeping at 16C. What would be the best option(s) to reduce fogging:
(1) Run the HRV on low throughout the night.
(2) Increase the night time temperature by a degree or two.
(3) Run ceiling fans on low speed in reverse position.
(4) Leave full length curtains open at night.
(5) Crack open one window in the house.
Thats about all I can think of, any info or help would be appreciated. Thanks.
You need to lower the humidity in the house. It's to high to be supported by the lower temp. Running the hrv would be where I would start and running bathroom fan longer after a shower.
Okay thanks for that. I will run the HRV the going forward, there is also an outtake vent in the bathroom attached to the HRV so that may just correct the humidity.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:12 PM.|