||12-22-2012 10:50 AM
Hi, new here .
so this is my problem. I have 2 switched lights and a switched plug, 1- live plug and a direct ceiling fan on 1 circuit all has been working well since I bought the house 3 yrs. ago. then for no apparent reason they just stopped ! no breaker pop or sparks or anything ,
I check switches with volt meter and found something strange.
no power from white or black BUT if I connect to copper ground I have power running to black and white? I disconnected the fan which ran from power supply at switch's ( thinking that may be the problem since it's the only thing that vibrates and maybe something came loose? nope.
still the same ,asked a few people and they said ether junction box or switches ,nope check out ok !
so does anyone have any ideas ?
p.s, house is 50 yrs. old but wiring has been upgraded 10 yrs. ago.