DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > how to fertilize and weed kill with dogs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 06:24 PM  
semidevil

Default how to fertilize and weed kill with dogs?

My backyard is the main area where my dogs play during the day. However, If I cannot have a gorgeous backyard, I would like to somewhat fertilize it and kill weeds to make it look decent.

I'm assuming that that the liquid weed kill spray and the granulars aren't safe for pets? If so, what do you guys do to atleast maintain a yard? are their alternative products that are 100% safe for pets?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 07:20 AM  
BenzMama

The recipe I use for weeds is 3 qts vinegar + 1/4 c salt + big squirt of liquid dish soap. Swish to mix & top w/1 qt water. Squirt a stream (rather than spray) into center of weeds prior to hottest part of the day.

Vinegar at the $1 store is 2/$1, which is a lot more economical than Round Up & works quicker + safer.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:38 PM  
cibula11

I have a dog and have always been fine using chemical treatments. Just do your best to keep them off the lawn for at least 24 hours or until rain has done its job. THe only way that your pets will be harmed, is if they eat the grass. Otherwise, they'll be fine.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:20 PM  
hondadrv24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

you can get organic lawn fertilizers, I heard an ad for some local company selling it on the radio today. you probably just have to do some searching.

Quick Reply