DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > How to protect mirrored wall opposite bath demo

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 06:48 AM  
bud16415
Fixer Upper

Liked 332 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 110

That’s for sure the worst one is the show on ABC where they remake a house for someone that’s in need. They did one in my town about 4 or 5 years ago and the first thing they do most of the shows is smash the persons house to the ground and build a whole new fancy place the owner can’t afford when it’s done. They never show you what it looks like 5 years later.

I love this old house I remember one show Tommy was helping a woman open up a wall and he did it the correct way and had her holding a shop vac as he hand sawed a small hole. He was telling her if we do this careful we won’t get a speck on your floor. Was kind of boring wish he had taken a chain saw to that wall and right out the other side. Haha.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:07 AM  
melfallen

Likes Given: 2

Careful demo obviously I agree, but also I think that you should go into it with the idea that the mirror might not make it... be sure you're willing to replace it if it does break... or you might have a little heartbreak as well if the mirror does shatter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 10:20 AM  
greenlady0

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bud so with you on the sledgehammer demo...makes me cringe to see a beautiful old tub go out in pieces when a new enameling would be 10 times better than the acrylic piece of crap it will be replaced with since no one in the real world can afford these charming $6,000.+ freestanding tubs they are showing in their place.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:35 AM  
bud16415
Fixer Upper

Liked 332 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 110

I have a collection of old claw foot tubs. Heavy to get out in one piece but can’t force myself to break one up. I would rather see one in a field to water livestock than in a dump in pieces.

Quick Reply