DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > How to Remodel my Bathroom?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 03:54 AM  
ShaneWebb

Default How to Remodel my Bathroom?

I am planning to renovate my bathroom and I am thinking on how to upgrade it to something classy and bright. I think setting up lights on it will make it perfect but I don't know which type of light I will choose.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 11:38 PM  
CallMeVilla
Contractor

Liked 381 Times on 298 Posts
Likes Given: 154

Your post is a bit vague. The best choice today would be recessed lights because they make the room feel bigger than wall mounted fixtures. I would not recommend tubes or cheap fixtures.

Good luck!

Old 06-15-2012, 07:08 PM  
ShaneWebb

Thanks callmevilla. I'll try that one because my bathroom is not a big space, I think getting recessed lights will do.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:35 PM  
CallMeVilla
Contractor

Liked 381 Times on 298 Posts
Likes Given: 154

Oh, Shane . . . get some home magazines and look for modern ideas. Find a style that works within your budget and ability. Example: plate glass mirrors are out. Use large framed mirrors with recessed lighting or possibly sconces on either side. Classy, bright, updated. Since you will be bashing the walls anyway, this is the time to do it!

Go for it.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:32 AM  
timmy-otoole

magazines are alright but also check out online sources of images like 'pintrest'

nothing like a bit of crowd sourcing to weed out everything except the nicest looking pictures

[URL="http://www.comfortplusoutdoor.com"]http://www.comfortplusoutdoor.com[/URL]

Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 AM  
kingsteel
Banned

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneWebb View Post
I am planning to renovate my bathroom and I am thinking on how to upgrade it to something classy and bright. I think setting up lights on it will make it perfect but I don't know which type of light I will choose.
Well we generally tend to save money for our living or dining room by cutting on bathroom. But bathrooms need to be well lighted or rather better lighted. I would suggest you to go for any light that doesn't create shadows over the mirrors as they are the place we do make-up, shave and lot more. If using recessed lights, keep in mind not to place them above the mirror, instead the sides would do. I have seen people using ambient and accent lights too. Even they look good and are effective.
And Shane, do remember to install the vanities, faucets etc of good quality because they add to the life of the bathrooms as these days they are a self charging places.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:18 AM  
theayale

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you have difficulty on this kind of project you could always ask the help of a contractor or home builder to help you. You can search online for bathroom DIY ideas that perfectly fit your want. When I renovated my bathroom, I had light fixtures installed, it did a great job in making my bathroom more relaxing and inviting. Sometimes, I spent so much time there.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:05 AM  
reubenbanks

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

We are in the process of remodeling a bathroom. The skylight over the shower has been installed and I totally love it. It's 2'x 2'. We are putting an outdoor/wet rated light fixture on the wall. I am waiting for my second sky light that will go over the vanity. It is 30"x17". We got Velux, frosted skylights.

Quick Reply