DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Installing Granite Countertops

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 11:43 PM  
FrancescaQuinn

Default Installing Granite Countertops

Hello,
I am just starting to slowly redo my kitchen and I noticed a great sale on granite counter tops. $39 sq ft. Can I put my countertops down first even though eventually I will need to replace my existing appliances? Can I avoid problems??
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 AM  
Tepe

Yes you can. Remember depending on your layout once you lay granite replacing cabinets under may not be possible without breaking the C/T.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:10 PM  
TheClumsyCarpenter

I'd also make sure if you are replacing your sink, a standalone range, or anything else that has a specific cut out for the countertop that it will be the exact size as your old.

Grady

Descriptions of a young DIYer that wants to learn how to do everything himself. This is the kind of thing you don't see on HGTV.

[URL="http://theclumsycarpenter.wordpress.com/"]http://theclumsycarpenter.wordpress.com/[/URL]

Quick Reply