DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Insulate the bathroom vent hose to outside?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 05:30 PM  
havasu
on permanent vacation

Liked 70 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Since I've been having a bout with wasps flying down the bathroom vent tube, I punched a hole in the stucco 4' below the gable vent and installed a louvered flap, commonly used in dryer vents, and it works slick with discharging moisture from the bathroom.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:38 AM  
nealtw

Liked 677 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardonsmith09 View Post
I've used this method for customers and it works just fine. Not enough moisture to really affect attic. Most vents through wall or roof are lousy installs resulting in rain entering unit or bugs getting into the attic. A little moisture is better in my opinion and has less chance of clogging rather than having long flex tubes running all over the attic and getting smashed by people pulling maintenance or just doing stuff in the attic.
Do a little research, mold kills people and houses.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2014, 06:02 AM  
drewdin

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 76

so i insulated the vent pipe last night, i learned that i suck at it. Its done but if i posted a picture of my wrapping job you all would laugh.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:24 AM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 322 Times on 271 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdin View Post
so i insulated the vent pipe last night, i learned that i suck at it. Its done but if i posted a picture of my wrapping job you all would laugh.
Hey, we've all had moments when we were glad no one was there with a camera, it happens, we're human.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply