DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Jenn-Air Downdraft Electric Range & Dishwashe...are they good products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2007, 09:10 AM  
MawMaw Di

Default Jenn-Air Downdraft Electric Range & Dishwashe...are they good products?

Hi, I'm new on this forum...we're renovating our kitchen...installing granite counter tops & new appliances. We're thinking of purchasing the Jenn-Air Brand downdraft electric stove with convection oven & their dishwasher. If anyone has their products...please reply with the "pros" & "cons". Thanks! We chose Jenn-Air because can't seem to find any other brand that has the electric, downdraft, convection oven 30" stove. Also, does anyone have kitchen granite countertops in the color: "absolute black"? Pros or cons on this color choice. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2007, 09:24 AM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

A Jenn-Air range has always been a goal of mine. I'm not there yet though. I prefer cooking with gas but the electric Jenn-Air is the ultimate range.
Glenn

Old 03-17-2007, 10:27 AM  
Daryl in Nanoose

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

We used to have that same stove and was a great stove but the draw back we had was the touch pad was going to cost close to 500.00 to replace and the stove was only 6-8 years old so we went a diffent road. Now this goes back a few years ago and they are probably better now.
I have seen a few Black Granite counter tops and backsplashes and they look just great but I like something that has at least a little bit of color in it mainly solid black shows up every little particle but thats just my opinion.

[url]http://edhome.shawwebspace.ca/[/url]

Old 03-17-2007, 02:38 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

I understand the black showing things up; but when my black 4Runner is clean its a killer.
Glenn

Old 03-17-2007, 03:56 PM  
MawMaw Di

Thanks for your comments. I've researched the Jenn-Air stoves & I understand what you're saying about replacing the heating elements...radiant or coil. It can get expensive....but, what other 30" electric stove is out there with a "downdraft"? I didn't see any other choice when it comes to this size "slide-in" stove. For the newer J.A. stove...the coil element is $228.00 & the radiant heat element runs $328.00 (Home Depot). I do like the way this stove's element bays can be switched to use either..even the left grill side. Lots of options...but, like you say..expensive. I sure hope it last more than a few years. Living in Louisiana..we're limited on new product inventory. Folks living in central Louisiana do a lot of product ordering online...we love the UPS & FEDX guys, ha! I'll give more thought to my granite color...thanks so much for your replies...appreciate it!

Quick Reply