DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Is this a lousy granite installation?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 08:44 PM  
rackit

This is what caught my attention:
" The guy admonished me over my concerns with ‘Sir, we are professionals and do our job properly!’ "
It is at this point I like to say "Thank You" I will be in touch, close the door and find someone else who shows pictures and testominals. Friends references are nice but seems like what works for us does not work for others.
As with most trades a big computer run machine is impressive but its the tradesman doing the work.
After years or research and design by my wife what started as a kitchen remodel took on a life of its own. I had a lot of credit at a local granite shop for making parts for them for years. She shopped all the yards to find not 1 but 2 perfect pieces. After many delays they finally installed the counters on a Friday. When I came home I found my wife in tears about the counters.
Short version They had sold one of her slabs and had to replace it this accounted for the delays, The replacment had been repaired with epoxy. It may have looked good in the shop but in place when you came in the front door you looked at the counter with a sun light behind it showed a big hazy spot two feet across. They repaired a defect with epoxy and polished it that made the area shiney like the rest of the rock but all around the patch did not polish up and lef a big hazy ring all around the patch.
They stood behind there work and replaced the bad piece but it points out the importance of your vigalance and the craftsman doing the work.

808.jpe  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
granite, install, lawsuit

Quick Reply