DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Need guidance on new house

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 05:25 PM  
Square Eye

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Shan knows what she's saying. Many people get overwhelmed and quit a project too soon. Take your time and try to focus one one thing at a time to start. Make a list of things you want to do and stay organized. You will be less stressed if you keep things in order, physically and time-wise.

[URL="http://www.houserepairtalk.com/announcement.php?f=39&a=6"][size=3]The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk[/size][/URL]

[URL="http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=289528&ck="]Square Eye's home page[/URL]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 01:53 PM  
naturalasymetry

Hello everyone!!! I'm so glad I got more responses, such informative nice responses!

WELLLLL........ I guess we took too long to bid on the property and they further dropped the price (they are desperate not to go into foreclosure)...

...to 75K!!!!!!!!!

So first thing Monday we are turning in our bid

We looked into removing the sycamore tree before it gets larger, the roots have most definitely already caused pipe damage in the past and the tree will get MUCH larger...though it is a lovely shade tree. We plan on replacing them with a few fruit trees.

We just found out my husbands boss has a small contracting business on the side, so we'll see what he has to offer. We want to keep things as simple as possible with the goal to increase resale value while building equity.

We have completely scratched out knocking down the garage, but have decided to extend the house to attach to the garage...if we can afford it now, or maybe within the next few years.

Our oldest child is a girl, the other two are boys.

I plan on doing all the interior painting myself with a few friends, picking up the carpet to hopefully reveal wood. If not just cleaning the carpets until we save enough to put water proof wooden laminate throughout.

The house doesn't have a basement, only a crawl space.

All of you are so kind for taking the time to respond I cant wait to move in and start our new life without losing our cash to rent, & to finally have yard space!!!

This is specially important because my middle child has mild Cerebral Palsy (hemiplegia), the outdoors are really good for him.

xo to all!

Last edited by naturalasymetry; 04-19-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply