Hello all, I am hoping someone can help me with this. Ok, for about a month now we have been noticing a very strong, offensive odor coming from around the area of our dining room. We do have pets and of course blamed them altho we had no other reason to believe it was caused by pets, nor did it smell like any "pet" smell I've known. I can best describe it as a mix of stagnant water....mop water that's a week old?....maybe a little ammonia like? It is actually irritating to my nose much like bleach when we walk into the room. It was not until today that I finally was able to single out the only ouside wall in the dining room where coincidentally we have had water leak from underneath during 3 heavy rainstorms as the source of the smell. I even noticed that part of the paneling on that wall seems to be warped and damaged from getting wet. Outside this wall is our patio and a boxed or bricked in flower bed that runs the legnth of the wall. The entire home is brick. I can only assume that in torrential downpours a bit of water is leaking from the flower bed to underneath the wall? I guess my quetions are....could this be mold I am smelling? Or just rotten, wet, nasty materials? Does this smell ring a bell with anyone? It doesn't have what I typically think of as a mold smell which kinda smells like dirt....this is very strong...irritating...Thanks all, I hope I can figure this out.