DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Need to Replace Shower Pan

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 11:58 AM  
Hueste

Default Need to Replace Shower Pan

This is my first post on here, if it's in the wrong place I apologize....

I needed to replace the horrible caulking job done by the builders of our house so I bought some liquid caulk remover, unfortunately After I scraped out all of the caulk I left some of the liquid remover on the floor of the shower and it ate through the plastic.

so my question is two part.....

1) I am assuming the whole shower pan will have to be replaced, so does that mean I am going to have to rip out the entire shower to replace it? it seems like the walls of the shower are some type of marble which overlaps the floor pan so i can only assume that it is glued to the backing and I am going to destroy them in any attempt to remove them.

2) should I just gut the whole thing (I really dont like it anyway and the newer homes being built in the neighborhood have tiled shower tub areas) and do a custom tiled shower?

any advice would be appreciated.

matt

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply