... or at least a rough ballpark figure. I am looking at a house and although it is nice from the outside, older brick home, it needs lots of work on the inside. I would like to get a feel before proceeding any further.
House was built in 1973. Here are some things that I found off the top:
1. Has no central HVAC
2. Popcorn ceiling would have to be scraped off
3. needs new carpet in three bedrooms, living room and dining room.
4. Single pane windows ~8 in total.
5. Needs new painting on inside and outside trim/carport
6. Kitchen cabinets and counter tops need replacing - kitchen is not that big - kitchen stove looks to be good, may need a new frig.
7. bathroom fixtures, shower, toilet, sink, and cabinets need replacing, and possibly tile.
8. 1970's wall paneling in a couple rooms would have to be pulled and walls painted.
The house is 1995 sq feet. Roof looks good - would have to wait to here what inspector says if I proceed that far, as would the septic system. What would a rough guess for materials and labor be if these things were replaced, not with top end stuff but nice modern items. Some things I, or my family who are in the line of work could possibly do, but I would like to hear a worse case, best case price scenario if possible. Thanks!!!!