DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Neighbour trespasses every day

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM  
elbo

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

gosh villa, if you were that close to my house to take a photo, why didn't you stop in for a beer ?

Old 07-08-2013, 03:05 PM  
oldognewtrick
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 433 Times on 363 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo View Post
gosh villa, if you were that close to my house to take a photo, why didn't you stop in for a beer ?
I love how you've fixed the place up...

Old 07-09-2013, 12:53 PM  
elbo

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

the house looks like it was designed by Salvatore Dali, It does have good ventilation though

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 08:46 PM  
homemylife

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Having neighbors walking on your property doesn't sound like a huge problem. Good luck talking to your neighbors about it without sounding like a pain in the ***.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:53 PM  
Jungle

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Well the red neck son came along yesterday and knocked down the temp fence. I went out and had a few words with him which was a bad idea because he just looks violent, he drives a big truck which is the problem, 'i come here to pick up my kids and i can't even get out of my truck!'
Fortunately i know how to deal with these guys in my liberal way. But he was getting aggressive, i think he some issues. They haven't done any maintenance on their house in years.
So i guess i will have to get the survey done. I don't see why it is necessary when you can see the metal stakes at least at the neighbours lots and measure from there? Plus the property maps should be enough. Seems like a waste of $500. I guess it will be worth it, i wonder if they will move their shed if get the survey? You can see why i need a fence with their animal son roaming around. I can tell they are all just waiting to sell the house when the old women passes on. Someone came out and put the fence back up hour later.

Last edited by Jungle; 07-29-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:45 PM  
floatr

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This isnt as major but still a factor ,id Set up some security cameras in open obvious spots...or at least dummy cameras,signs,etc you'd be surprised how it hold back attempts if one feels they are being recorded..you property/your right for safety.
Especially after a new fence is up on your property..
Fences are great-got a 45 panel vinyl one!

Old 12-14-2013, 08:20 AM  
scoachby

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hello,

If you were to ask the county, I am sure they could make them move or remove the shed.

I would try talking to them first.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:34 PM  
Wuzzat?
Banned

Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

I used a rental metal detector to find the iron posts at my property corners, which after 50 years were 2" below the surface. Look by power poles which feed two adjacent houses.
BTW, the county had two surveys for my property and only one was right. The one given us with the deed was wrong.

IIRC, the books on Neighbor Law say, send your neighbors a letter explaining your position and asking them to make this right, return receipt requested.

Our neighbors to the east are jerks so we put up a fence so the east surface of the fence is just inside our property line.

Last edited by Wuzzat?; 12-14-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:32 PM  
BridgeMan

Liked 75 Times on 67 Posts

One of the worst things about having neighbors (neighbours) is that we can't pick them.

But here's an ice-breaker to try on the bully son: "Is it true that guys with big trucks always have little weenies?"

Old 03-13-2014, 07:32 AM  
Jungle

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Well it turned out it was the grandson who stole the new survey pins. I caught him dumping snow on my driveway. Looks like the situation is cleared up because the sister didn't know about it....basically they are scammers.
The real situation is that the property line goes beside their house, they have no drive way. But Stan was a nice *dumb* guy 30 years ago and allowed them to share the drive way for years, then 5-10 years ago they build a fence 'for their dogs' and a 'little shed where the garage used to be.' The problem is the shed now is legal squat, 5 feet over! If it wasn't for the shed i would get the land. So they say Stan 'gave them property.'
At least we all understand that have already stolen 5' of driveway, so much that i can't use the driveway beside my house - but they can! As with most things stan did to this house it was done wrong, like giving away his driveway.

I still have to put the fence up in the spring. It ill be interesting because part of it will be 3 inches on the side of their wood shed, which will cause problem with snow and run off in few years - too bad. I will have to put a metal fence because they are likely to damage a wooden one.
I wonder if the shed rots away in 5 years and they sell the property, i can slide the fence over again and the new owners will be clueless.

Quick Reply