DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Please give me your opinion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 02:33 PM  
bryce

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

What about the grow op?? In 1998 they bust someone for possession of marijuana in the house, but this is unusual because people don't get busted in their own house (at least in Canada.) There was an investigation before, so likely they didn't get the search warrant and the guy cleared the plants out of there before hand so they just laid these minor charges.
I think this would explain this unusual mold(efflorescent) marks? no. The one small grow room looks absolutely fine. But you can smell the mold, i assume behind the walls or in the roof. How does an home inspector determine this? drilling holes?
I don't think this is (to the right) is paint at least you can see this is not paint. The other stuff is looking like paint.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2010, 03:16 PM  
libertyconstruction

In my opinion, that house is just good and all you have to do is to repaint it. Or much better, ask the seller to fix the damages first before selling the house.

[URL=http://www.libertyconstruction.net/] Home Improvements[/URL] | [URL=http://www.libertyconstruction.net/kitchen.html] Kitchen Remodeling[/URL]

Old 09-08-2010, 11:43 AM  
slownsteady
Supporting Member
HRT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 120 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 146

If you really want to know, get your butt up on a ladder. i'm sure you know paint when you see it / touch it. If it's crusty like a caked-on salt (or something similar) and it rubs off when you touch it, then it's efflorescence. But I am confident it's not mold (it's not mould either!)

As for the grow-op suspicion; well it's possible, but what does it matter? If you suspect this house was abused, don't buy it. You can check around for other signs, like oversized electrical lines, water stains on the floor, unusual plumbing, or large bags of Doritos.

Quick Reply