DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > RE: Warning about Re-Bath

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 03:12 PM  
RGold

Default RE: Warning about Re-Bath

My original post is locked and I can not make any edits to it at this point. I would like people to know that the images that were originally posted are no longer available to be seen as part of my settlement with the Re-Bath corporation.
I have posted this information in the original thread but most people do not take the time to read all the way through it.
I appreciate the overwhelming response I have received from people all over the country expressing their concern for the work that was done.
Again, I am unable to discuss this any further or show any of the images due to the agreement I have with Re-Bath.

Thank you,

Ron Goldman

Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2007, 05:32 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hello Ron:
I can understand them not wanting the images shown anymore. I saw them the first time you posted them and that was enough for me.
You know? We still have people asking about the reputation of Re-Bath on here. I certainly would not recommend them; even if they could get a good fit and finish with it, you would still just have a plastic tub subject to scratches, stains and looking awful in a few years. NOT FOR ME!
Glenn

Old 01-24-2008, 12:40 PM  
dekor8r2008

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wow. I'm sorry I missed the rest of this story. I guess I'll have to do some digging to find the original post. My friends have all warned me about Re-Bath. please keep us posted! (no pun intended)

[B][COLOR="Purple"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Emmy:o [/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/B]

Old 05-06-2008, 08:44 AM  
RGold

Default Please Read The Entire Thread!

Please read the entire thread about my problems with ReBath before sending me angry emails about not being able to find the images mentioned. I have cleary stated several times that the images have been removed as part of my settlement with the corporate office. For legal reasons, I can not email them to anyone or discuss the problems I had. I am sorry for the confusion but this information is clearly written out in the original thread as well as this one.
The original thread is locked and there is no way to edit the information contained in it.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of it before calling me or sending an email.

Ron

Old 05-06-2008, 11:14 AM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hello Ron:
Re-Bath didn't settle with me so I can tell part of your story. I remember seeing large cracks around the tub that were dobbed up with caulking and I remember you saying one of the cracks was 5/8" wide.
Yours is not the only complaint about Re-Bath we have heard, the complaints are many and troublesome. We had someone come in and refinish our cast-iron tub and it looked really good.....for a few weeks. The have re-done th job 4 or 5 times and it still peeled off again in the bottom of the tub. The sides and outside seem to be holding well even after something like 10 years.
What I am saying is, if you're going to spend the money, get a new cast-iron tub and have it installed professionally. Then have a professional tile man to come in and re-do the tile. You'll be glad you did and you won't have to worry about fit or match or any of that stuff.
Glenn

Old 05-06-2008, 12:12 PM  
RGold

Hi Glenn. I now have a firm rule of going and visually inspecting a contractors work before hiring them. No more phone references or relying on the BBB or contractors board about complaints.

You should see some of the emails I have received from people when they can't find the images which I've clearly stated are no longer available. It would be nice if they would read more of the thread before accusing me of something that just isn't true!
As much as I would like to help everyone that writes or calls, I can not risk the headache of more lawyers and/or going back to court.
I can just encourage everyone to do their homework before hiring anyone and if they feel that the job was not done correctly, then hire an attorney and stand up for their rights. The consumer protection act is there for a reason.

Ron

Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 PM  
Square Eye

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

All you have to do is send me a PM to get a thread deleted. I don't want this forum to be another headache for you!

[URL="http://www.houserepairtalk.com/announcement.php?f=39&a=6"][size=3]The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk[/size][/URL]

[URL="http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=289528&ck="]Square Eye's home page[/URL]

Old 03-06-2009, 05:13 PM  
mandm

Boy I wish I had seen all these warnings about Rebath before I hired them. We signed a contract with our local Rebath in June of 2008. It's now March of 2009 and our job still isn't finished. Most of our supplies we paid for in the contract have not even been ordered and alot of the stuff they did put in is wrong. The owner kept giving us the run around and completely insulting us so we called the police, filed BBB complaints and contacted some local reporters. Now he has the nerve to have his lawyer send us threatening letters saying he is going to sue us for defamation if we don't take back the complaints. I hope he does take it to court so people can see how they treat customers that paid them good money. The owner even went to the point of getting online and posting nasty messages about us and our family. I might post the letter from the lawyer and the pictures of the way they left our home just so people can see how Rebath treats people and the nerve they have leaving peoples homes in that condition. The Corporate office continues to ignore us and does nothing about our problems. We even sent them copies of our contracts, pics of the house and everything. We are extremely dissapointed as our house is for sale and people notice how bad the bathrooms are.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:02 PM  
gdd-4545@comcast.net

Default Re-Bath Problems

Ron, bear with me because I never replied to a thread before and not certain of what I am doing. I have what a quick question and one I think you can answer even given your legal agreement. I have been unable to find/read your original thread.

I am considering having Re-Bath of Spokane (WA) install a molded tub liner only - no wall or shower work. Is this the same product and manufacturer that you had issues with? The company for this particular product is located in Tempe, AZ. I have visited their showroom and the product looks great (as I would expect it would). I would appreciate any information your are willing and able to share.

G. Duran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGold View Post
Please read the entire thread about my problems with ReBath before sending me angry emails about not being able to find the images mentioned. I have cleary stated several times that the images have been removed as part of my settlement with the corporate office. For legal reasons, I can not email them to anyone or discuss the problems I had. I am sorry for the confusion but this information is clearly written out in the original thread as well as this one.
The original thread is locked and there is no way to edit the information contained in it.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of it before calling me or sending an email.

Ron

Old 03-08-2009, 09:57 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wecome G Duran:
That series of threads worked out to be really nasty. We got messages from several others telling of their troubles with Re-Bath. The point of all the messages was, if you're dealing with Re-Bath RUN!
Glenn

Closed Thread

Tags
re-bath

Quick Reply