DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Replacing Chain Link Fence Gate Post

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 10:12 AM  
Wuzzat?
Banned

Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

These OPs mostly have gone to the Great Beyond but lurkers might still benefit.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 02:25 PM  
Archena

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

No, no, still here. Other projects took priority and I was very sick for a while so I haven't had much occasion to post.

And no, I never fixed the silly thing. I only have two dogs now and I no longer need the gate. I'll get to it eventually...

Old 07-21-2014, 02:27 PM  
Archena

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fence4ndspacer View Post
If your dog kennel was installed in a cement slab base, it may be a kennel installed by a contractor or individual using regular fencing materials as opposed to one of those dog kennel panel kits. If this is the case the gate posts may be the regular 2 3/8" posts as opposed to the smaller rail frames used on the kennel kits. If the posts were 2 3/8" you could cut them flush with the cement slab and insert (sleeve)1 5/8" line posts into the post holes created by the old posting and re-cement them in place. Smaller diameter replacement tension bands,gate latch and related hardware would be needed. For those of you that have a gap opening between your fence end post and house you can fill the gap opening with a fence end spacer, they cane be found online Dog-safety.com
Thanks, I will definitely look into it!

Old 07-21-2014, 02:41 PM  
Wuzzat?
Banned

Liked 167 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archena View Post
No, no, still here. Other projects took priority and I was very sick for a while so I haven't had much occasion to post.

And no, I never fixed the silly thing. I only have two dogs now and I no longer need the gate. I'll get to it eventually...
Hope you're feeling better. I didn't much mind hospitals until I became a patient in one.

I have a 2003 pickup and I intended to put a radio into it. That was 11 years ago. . .

The record I heard was 17 years for a guy who was supposed to move doors from the garage to the basement.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:50 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 814 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archena View Post

Glad you are feeling better, or hope you are feeling better which ever applies.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:55 AM  
Archena

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am feeling better - a lot better! Thanks, everyone!

Quick Reply