DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > replacing the kitchen and bathroom vinyl and some other questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 10:27 PM  
gghrt000
Projects

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default replacing the kitchen and bathroom vinyl and some other questions

This is for my major renovation project on my condo build in 1990. I am looking to replace the kitchen and bathroom vinyl floor as it has messed up look. However I am not sure of the sequence related to other jobs.
Currently I am also looking to replace the bathroom tab and do the entire condo a carpet flooring.

So my question is does vinyl floor in the kitchen usually go under the kitchen floor cabinets? If so, I can imagine it will be a major project and might just ended up replacing the cabinets at the same time. However I sold my stove today and once it is removed the vinyl floor did not extend under the stove. So I imagine it did not extend under the cabinets either. I will put a picture next time in this thread.

Once I install the vinyl newly is it advisable to extend new installed vinyl under the stove and freezer?

Should I install the vinyls before the installing the carpets?

If I replace the bathtub do you think, should I do the vinyl replacement first before replacing the bathtub?

Thanks.,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2014, 10:37 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 848 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 1463

It's fine to leave the cupboards in place and you should put it under stove fridge and dishwasher If you are adding plywood underlayment check that the dishwasher is adjustable enough to still fit.
Usually the tub goes in a new house at time of rough in and never has finished floor under it. But I don't see a problem if it run a few inches under the edge of the tub.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply