DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   General Home Improvement Discussion (
-   -   Roof ridge blew off (

thucks 02-26-2012 12:51 PM

Roof ridge blew off
What do I need to fix this. Galvanized roofing nails and tar???

kok328 02-26-2012 01:04 PM

Ridge vent or ridge cap?
Ridge cap: some shingles cut to size, some roofing nails and some roofing tar in a caulk tube.
Ridge Vent: cap if you didn't find the old one, longer nails, shingles cut to size.

oldognewtrick 02-26-2012 01:41 PM

For shingle over ridge vent you will need 3" roofing nails to install both the vent and the capping.

joecaption 04-05-2012 07:54 PM

Roof ridge could mean any of a dozen differant things.
Is it metal, slate, shingles, shakes?

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:14 AM.