DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Swimming pool question

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 08:44 PM  
cruzadr

Default Swimming pool question

(Background: I have a salt water system pool (below ground) with cartridge filters)

My pool guy told me that an easy way to clean my pool without having to buy a vaccum is to plug the skimmer valve up with a tennis ball so the all the suction is focused on the drain at the bottom of the pool. I tried this but it doesnt seem to be working. The skimmer valve sucks up the tennis ball and I hear my system get louder like he told me it would. I spent about an hour out there today trying to brush all the dust to the bottom and just when i thought I was done, I walk back to the shallow end, and theres dust settled on the floor over there! I did this about 3 times before I gave up. I really dont want to spend $200 to $500 on a pool cleaner.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2009, 09:17 AM  
woodchuck

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

I'm not an expert on pools but I have an aboveground pool I used for 10 years or so and my daughter has an in ground pool. Both of these are vacuumed by sealing the skimmer with the skimmer cover by placing it down in the skimmer instead of on the top. There are four skimmers in the in ground pool. Once covered there is lots of suction at a fitting made to slide the vacuum hose over.
With the weighted attachment on the end of the hose you can vacuum to the filter or vacuum to waste by selecting the appropriate position on the filter.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:47 PM  
joyce05johnson

You can use filter cartridges to clean your pool. It can filter small particles like microorganisms in your pool and some debris. There are so many kinds of filter cartridges out there. Just pick your choice.

[url=http://www.overnightpools.com]Pool Heaters[/url] | [url=http://www.overnightpools.com]Pool Filters[/url]

Quick Reply