DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > AT&T internet provider

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2007, 09:52 AM  
mickmar

Default AT&T internet provider

Looking to change my internet provider, anyone have AT&T yahoo as a provider? Would like to hear pros and cons from anyone that uses AT&T.
Thanks, Mick

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2007, 07:37 PM  
olive

i've had it for 2 years now. pretty good and quick most of the time....but there are some slow stretches. also their advertised price specials are only good for one year, continuation beyond that period usually result in higher prices. they don't give old customers the special deals ( no matter what they promised when you first signed up, it's not honored). i'm just too lazy to change providers.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:13 AM  
Handyman101

At&T (bellsouth), same company! The DSL packages are good, they have thier own anti-virus programs that work well. The normal dial-up speed before dsl came out was 49.29 kbps-50.64 kbps slow too! The Modem that is comes with helps, however if you arent close to the distribution hub, (where the dsl originates from) you dont get much more speed! Its kind of like a daisychain....if youre the first or second custommer close to the hub, your hook-up speed is faster than if youre at the end of that dsl line, cause the custommers ahead of you are taking away the kbps, before they get to your dsl modem! We have a package down here from AT&T....99.00/Direct TV/DSL internet/ Digital phone service......per month!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:08 AM  
Rustedbird

DSL comes from the phone company anyway. Internet Service Providers will often share equipment and networks. Just different glitz on the packages.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:26 AM  
ryans442

We switched from Comcast to AT&T last year. While I have not been overly impressed, it has been an upgrade. Comcast was a faster service, but the reliability was absolutely horrible! Our connection would go down at least once a week, and when it did they were the WORST on the service hot line.

ATT has been more reliable, but a little slower. Its still almost instant speed, and the only time I needed to call in for a billing issue they were very accommodating.

[URL="https://www.microessentiallab.com/Category/22_1/Urine.20_and.20_Saliva.20_pH.aspx"]ph strips[/URL] | [URL="https://www.microessentiallab.com/Category/76_1/Plastic.20_pH.20_Strips.aspx"]ph test kits[/URL] | [URL="https://www.microessentiallab.com/Category/76_1/Plastic.20_pH.20_Strips.aspx"]internet consultant[/URL]

Old 02-05-2008, 01:17 PM  
travelover

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I use ATT Yahoo. I had the $35 / month plan and switched to the $20 / month plan and can't tell the difference. Maybe if I down loaded a lot of video or music I would notice.

It has been reliable and allowed me to escape Comcast.

Quick Reply