DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > tree stump how do I get rid of it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2007, 07:46 AM  
LoneJeeper

if you've got deer in the area that aren't too shy, pour saltwater on the stump. they'll dig the stump apart to get to the salt.

hey, it works in the country.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2007, 12:58 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

OR, you could burn it in place. Once you get it started burning the roots underground will smoulder for days on end, but there won't be any more stump.
Still another method is to hire the stump removers who will come over and use a big, thick, carbide toothed saw blade to cut it up to smitherines. The stump shavings will turn into dirt in a few years.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:12 PM  
cibula11

When my brother and I were little we tried using an old stump as a wind block to light fire crackers. When that wouldn't work we dowsed the cracker with a bit of gas and went from there. With all the dead leaves the stump had collected, the stump started up in no time. It burned for about 3 days....Now no stump. Parents weren't thrilled with us, but my dad couldn't get too mad as he had been trying to figure a way to get rid of the thing

Old 06-07-2007, 04:46 PM  
Parrothead

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennjanie View Post
OR, you could burn it in place. Once you get it started burning the roots underground will smoulder for days on end, but there won't be any more stump.
Still another method is to hire the stump removers who will come over and use a big, thick, carbide toothed saw blade to cut it up to smitherines. The stump shavings will turn into dirt in a few years.

Yup any tree-cutting service will be glad to take care of the stump, and that's how they do it. A couple years ago I had a willow tree with at least a three-foot trunk get knocked over in a storm. I cut the tree up myself with a chainsaw, then paid maybe $150-$200 to get rid of the stump.

Quick Reply