DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Vanity Top Measurements

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 08:48 AM  
roaet

Default Vanity Top Measurements

G'day,

I just measured my guest bath vanity top from wall to wall and it was 53". I feel like it should be a standard width top due to the time the house was built ('81, Rayco).

Would a 54" fit? Did I measure wrong? Please help!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 02:19 PM  
HoustonContractor
Houston Contractor

The standards of length for vanity tops vary from builder to builder and they keep changing it over time. If you measured 53-inches that is what it is. We install granite countertops and just about every house we do is different. What you may be referring to is the standard cabinet depth, which is 22.5-inch with a 1.5-inch overhang in the front. If you are handy, you may want to go with a granite countertop installation. You can have your local company just sell you the piece already cut to fit and you do the installation.

[URL="http://www.houstonproservices.com/home-improvements/granite-countertops-houston.html"]Granite Countertops Houston[/URL] | [URL="http://www.houstonproservices.com/"]General Contractor[/URL]

Old 09-29-2011, 05:27 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 814 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1407

Bathrooms are built to fit the bathtub, the toilet gets moved to fit between floor joists and then they order the cabinet to fit the hole thats been left for it, nothing standard, but the depth is usually the 22 1/2" and the top is deeper.

Quick Reply