DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > Want to build a 6m x 4m gable roof patio

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 07:39 PM  
Bardy

Default Want to build a 6m x 4m gable roof patio

I have all the tools requires to make a out door patio area and also have mates that are that are willing to help.
I want to make it out of wood.
My question is would anyone know where I can get plans for a gable roof patio covering 6m x 4m x2.4 or 3m high sides.
What lengths to cut the wood I need and the type and sizes of wood.
I found a picture on the web I am after, titled timber patios and pegolas here is the link Patio Living photo gallery | Patios, decks, pergolas, verandahs in Perth WA
Thanks for you help

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2011, 07:27 AM  
joecaption

Liked 37 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'd strongly suggest you get someone that knows what there doing for this one. At least get them to frame in the roof and get you started on the shingle tie in at the roof line.
To many chances of bad cuts and a leaking roof if it's not done right. Just cutting the rafters will have a stong leaning curve.
Your going to be working in compound angles for some of them and it's pretty tricky.
Chose the wrong sized lumber for the beam and rim joist and it's going to sag.
I doubt your going to find much info on building you exact roof your looking for, far to many variables.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply