DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum

DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum (
-   General Home Improvement Discussion (
-   -   Wrought Iron repair? (

try2diy 07-02-2008 08:38 AM

Wrought Iron repair?
I have an iron support that holds up one side of a porch overhang. It has two 1" square rods, connected with "S" shaped curly pieces of flat iron, typical of w/i fences.

Where one of the 1" rods meets the concrete steps, it has rusted away, so the support relies on only the intact rod.

Is there a way to repair this damage? Epoxy? ideas? ie short of replacing the whole thing :(


kok328 07-02-2008 08:58 AM

Usually, these are decorative not structural. If yours is being utilized as structural, I'd replace and beef it up while your at it.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:29 AM.